The L.A complex
Everyone has something they would like to change about their physical appearance, whether it is to be thinner, to have whiter teeth or to be taller, something I call the L.A complex - the pursuit for physical perfection. Though the world is suffering from an economic recession, the amount of elective surgeries has not slowed down. With the amount of negative media coverage regarding cosmetic surgeries and its backlash, I wanted to comment on the extreme lengths that people put themselves through to achieve their ideal body.One of the most renowned celebrities to undergo the cosmetic knife is none other than Heidi Montag. Most famous for her role on MTV's hit reality T.V show, "The Hills", Montag famously underwent a record breaking 10 cosmetic surgeries in one day back in 2010, only ages 23!
Montag underwent; a mini brow lift, Botox in her forehead and frown area, nose job revision, fat injections in her cheeks, nasolabial folds and cheeks, chin reduction, neck liposuction, ears pinned back, breast augmentation revision, liposuction on her waist, hips, inner and outer thigh and a buttocks enlargement procedure.
In an interview with Access Hollywood Live, Montag was questioned on her quest to achieve her perfect body. Asked by the shows presenters if she had any regrets, Montag confidently responded "I would never do it again and I would never recommend it for anyone. I was defiantly in way over my head but I'm glad it worked out." One of the shows presenters then questioned as to why Montag had so many elective surgery's in one day, asking "did you (Montag) go in for one thing (procedure) and was the doctor like "well we could also when your under do a little bit of this..." to which Montag replied "well my nose was broken so I had to get that redone...and then it got a little out of hand" Montag's doctor influenced a naïve Heidi to have more cosmetic surgeries than she had originally planned, this was a case of complete professional negligence. Due to the amount of procedures in one day, Heidi, aged 23 at the time almost died! Was it all worth it?
Unaware of the emotional and physical repercussions, Montag was left to deal with the critical media backlash on her own when her doctor sadly committed suicide. When asked if she has had any other work done since the original 10 procedures Montag replied "No I haven't done anything...I just focus on being just healthy, alive and strong and I think that's really important and who you are inside. If your not beautiful inside it really doesn't matter what you look like outside."I personally feel Heidi looks great! Maybe an unpopular opinion but the reasons as to why people have elective surgery really isn't anyone else's business. If it makes you happy, then go for it!

No comments:
Post a Comment